MB Consulting will ensure your company has in place:
- Up-to-date fair lending policies & procedures
- Internal controls to ensure compliance with policies & procedures
- A fair lending training program for employees/officers/board members
- A vendor management review system
- Marketing techniques that comply with fair lending requirements
- A tracking system for consumer complaints and responses
- A system to maintain accurate loan records and lending data
- An optional consulting service to consistently review business practices for potential
violations, including disparate impact
- Access, via consulting services, to necessary compliance software
And if your company needs assistance with compliance software, MB Consulting can help.
An important tool regulators use in determining whether a mortgage lender is in compliance with fair lending requirements is the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (“HMDA”) and its implementing Regulation C. HMDA requires certain kinds of mortgage lenders to collect and report information related to mortgage loans they originate on an annual basis. According to the regulators, a mortgage lender’s failure to accurately collect and report HMDA data is an indication of a weak CMS. Just this August the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau proposed changes to Regulation C (the “Revisions”) that stand to substantially expand the kinds of data that must be collected and reported for each loan.
Rata ComplyWeb, offered by RATA Associates, provides a more comprehensive and more cost-effective solution to HMDA and/or CRA data collection, analysis and government reporting than is offered by the free government HMDA and/or CRA Data Entry Software (“DES”) used by a majority of small financial institutions. With Rata Comply Web you can securely register online, create a Reporting Entity on a secure server and then import or key in bank data. It is that easy. There is no advanced hardware to purchase or software to download, install, keep track of, or maintain. And with this software you can correct, automatically geocode (to compliance-grade standards) and submit your HMDA or CRA data error-free electronically to your reporting regulatory agency.